J. L. BELL is a Massachusetts writer who specializes in (among other things) the start of the American Revolution in and around Boston. He is particularly interested in the experiences of children in 1765-75. He has published scholarly papers and popular articles for both children and adults. He was consultant for an episode of History Detectives, and contributed to a display at Minute Man National Historic Park.

Subscribe thru Follow.it





•••••••••••••••••



Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Conferences in the Upcoming Fortnight

In the next two weeks, I plan to attend three different history conferences in Massachusetts.

If I can make the technology work, I might try some version of live-blogging from those venues. But I’ll be lucky if I manage to keep my name tag the right way up.

Looking ahead, the New England Historical Association has issued a call for papers on any historical topic for its meeting at Endicott College in Beverly on 25 Oct 2008. The deadline is 15 June.

As a result, I might well post fewer original words here for a while, and more links to other places.

If you’re at any of those events, please say hello. I’ll be the one wearing the name tag that reads, “NHOf W,I ¡IH”.

No comments: